In order to control your Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat remotely, you’ll need to register and connect to it at the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (TCC) web site. Here, we demonstrate how to register Honeywell WiFi thermostat RTH9580WF online, on that site.
Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF Online: Prerequisite Steps
1. Install your Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Skip this step if you’ve already installed your thermostat and it is powered on, and showing its home screen. If you haven’t, see our Honeywell Smart Thermostat Wiring Instructions RTH9580WF post for tips on mounting and wiring this new thermostat.
2. Connect your Thermostat to your WiFi Network with Internet Access
Skip this step if you’ve already connected your thermostat to an internet-ready Wi-Fi network at its installed location. If you haven’t, then see our Change WiFi Network on Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF piece for instruction on how to link your thermostat to your home or office wireless network.
3. Create an Account on the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (TCC) Web Site
You’ll need a working account over there in order to register your thermostat and control it remotely. Again, skip this step if you’ve already set up a TCC account. If you have not, then visit the TCC web site here, and on the login page, click the Create an Account button, and then follow the instructions.
4. Gather the Necessary Thermostat Info
In order to add your thermostat to your TCC account, you’ll need its MAC address and CRC code. This information is printed in the documentation that accompanies new Honeywell thermostats. However, you may also obtain it from the thermostat itself, as follows. If you have this information already, then skip ahead to Step 5 below.
Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF Instructions
5. Look at the Thermostat Home Screen
6. Tap the Yellow Message Box
on the left center of the screen, as shown in the previous picture. This brings up a notification screen, as shown next, that indicates that an online registration is needed.
7. Tap the Wi-Fi Setup Button
The Wi-Fi Setup screen displays then, as shown next. Note that in our scenario, the thermostat is connected to our 937T681J4059H_2G wireless network, though it is as of yet, unregistered. Yours should be connected to the wireless network you pointed it at in Prerequisite Step 2 above.
We’ve “pink-painted over” our thermostat’s MAC address and CRC value in these pictures.
8. Write Down CRC and MAC Address Shown
You’ll need these values in the following steps to complete the registration.
9. Visit the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Web Site
On your computer, phone, or tablet, point your web browser at https://www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/ . You’ll then see the login screen similar to what we got, as shown next.
10. Enter your TCC Account User Name and Password
11. Press the red Login Button
If this is the first time you’ve signed into the TCC web site, and you’ve never set up any locations before, then you’ll see the following screen, and will have to set up at least one location to register your thermostat in. We detail how to do that in the steps immediately following.
But if you already have defined the location where you’ve installed your thermostat, then it will be listed on the My Locations screen, as shown in the next picture. Skip ahead to step 12 in that case, to continue the online registration process.
11a. Tap the Black Add Location Button
The Add Location screen then displays, as shown next.
11b. Type in the Requested Info About the Location you Want to Define
In our example, we’re defining a location named Graystone. Enter the location’s name, physical address, region, city, state, and don’t forget to choose the location type you wish for this new location (home or building).
11c. Tap the Red Submit Button
The site then displays the Register Device page, as shown next. From here, jump down to Step 9 to complete the rest of the registration process.
12. Tap the Settings Button on the Already-Defined Location
You’ll then see the Edit My Location screen, as shown next.
13. Tap the Black Add Device Button
Find this near the lower left corner of the screen. This brings up the Register Device screen, as shown next.
14. Enter the MAC Address and CRC Value you Wrote Down in Step 4 Above
15. Tap the Red Submit Button
The system then briefly displays the Device Registration In Progress screen as shown next.
After several seconds, you then get the Thermostat Registration Successful screen, as follows.
16. Tap the Black View Button
This takes you to your newly registered thermostat’s status screen, as seen in the following picture.
Stop here. Your thermostat has now been successfully registered, and you are now able to control it via the internet and the Honeywell TCC web site or app. Enjoy.
- Fixing WiFi Problems on Honeywell RTH9580WF Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Color Screen Thermostat Review
- How to Lock and Unlock Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Honeywell Smart WiFi Thermostat Manual RTH9580WF
- How to Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF to Factory Default
- Set Temperature Range Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat (RTH9580WF) Official Product Page from Honeywell
- User Guide for the Honeywell 9000 Series Color Touchscreen Thermostats from Honeywell
- 2017-03-05: Originally published.