Explains the Sony SRS X11 hard reset instructions, to return this cube speaker to its default fresh-out-of-the-box settings. This hard resetting restores the X11 to default factory state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this speaker from pairing to said devices whenever they come into range. Additionally, you might hard reset this cube speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Speaker Hard Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power-Pairing button as we show in the next picture.
Then, the Status light comes on, as shown next. This lamp we find on the bottom edge of the front of the X11.
The speaker makes a ding-dong sounding beep when it comes up, whether it links to a nearby source device or not. But whether or not it does this auto pairing, this reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN , Volume UP, and Power-Pairing Buttons at the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. All three of them we see on the top of the speaker, near the front edge, as called out in the next picture.
The X11 then enters hard reset mode after a brief pause.
Next, the speaker switches itself OFF, and the Status lamp goes out, as shown next. Note that on this speaker, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS X11 Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the X11 again, as we detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after a hard reset, this speaker comes up in pairing mode. The Status lamp blinks white rapidly to announce this. This is a signal for you to look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS X11 Hard Reset !
Factory reset is now done. So you may now sell or gift the X11, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore this auto pairing, you manually pair the X11 with a device. Then any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re in range of one another, pairing automatically takes place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS X11 Hard Reset
- Hard Reset Instructions for the Sony SRS XB01 Personal Speaker
- Sony SRS XB20 Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB21 Hard Resetting Instructions
- SRS XB22 Bluetooth Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB23 Wireless Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS X11 Cube Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
- Sony SRS X11 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS X11 is Charging
- Putting the X11 into Pairing Mode
- Turning Off the Sony SRS X11 BT Speaker
References for Sony SRS X11 Hard Reset Instructions
- 2021-10-05: First published.