We give here our Sony SRS XB22 factory reset instructions to return this portable Extra Bass Bluetooth speaker to its default factory settings. Factory resetting restores the XB 22 to fresh-out-of-the-box state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Deleting these stops this speaker from pairing to any close Bluetooth devices. Moreover, you might factory reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from joining with devices you no longer want it to sync with.
Sony SRS XB22 Speaker Factory Reset, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it connect to a nearby device. Or it may stay silent if it does not. But whether the unit syncs or not though, this factory reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons at the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB22 then enters the factory reset process.
Then after a small pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB22, there is no leaving-the-air sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB22 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, turn on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, the XB22 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp rapidly blinks blue to let you know this.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB22 Factory Reset !
The reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift the 22, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB22 no longer automatically joins with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to resume auto pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near each other, pairing automatically take place once again.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB22 Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB23 Factory Reset Instructions
- SRS Sony XB31 Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony XB32 SRS Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- SRS XB33 Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB41 Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB22 Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB22 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB22 Button Functions Explained
- Sony SRS XB22 How to Turn Off This Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on the XB22
- How to Tell if the SRS XB22 is Charging
References for Sony SRS XB22 Factory Reset
- 2021-10-05: First published.