Here, we list Sony SRS XB40 Extra Bass speaker specs. Firstly, these specifications cover the unit’s length, width, weight, battery recharge time, output power, and music play time per charge. We also include the frequency response, driver size, Bluetooth support details et al.
Secondly, it’s clear from the published specs, that the Sony SRS XB40 released in January of 2017, sounds pretty good for as small as it is. E.g. It plays plenty loud for small parties on patios, swimming pools, et al, with its approximately twenty (20) watts RMS of total audio power.
Plus, even at loudest volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to twenty-four (24) hours per recharge. Indeed, the specs certainly do not misinform as to the great features Sony put into this IPX5 water resistant Bluetooth speaker.
The Sony SRS XB40 Extra Bass Speaker Specs
- Firstly, the speaker height: 100 mm or 4.0 inches.
- Width: 279 mm or 11.0 inches.
- Depth: 105 mm or 4.25 inches.
- Weight: 1,500 grams, or 53.0 ounces.
- Additionally, the Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.4 Ghz.
- Max Communications Range: 10 M. or 30 Ft.
- The Bluetooth version: 4.2.
- Modulation method: FHSS.
- Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC, and LDAC.
- Audio Frequency Transmission Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz.
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 7,000 Hz.
- Sampling Frequency: 44,100 Hz.
- Profiles supported: A2DP / AVRCP / HFP / HSP / SPP.
- Music playing time: Up to 24 hours (varies by volume setting, temperature, and program content).
- Transducer: 61 mm or 2.5 inches in diameter, X 2.
- Audio Output Power (RMS): 10 watts per channel. *
- IPX5 waterproof.
- Recommended charger: 9.5 volts @ 2 amps, 18 watts, barrel style connector.
- The battery charge time: 4.0 hours.
- Lastly, the AC Adapter (suggested specs): USB 5 volts, 1.5 amp, 7.5 watts out.
* = Estimated.
Extra Bass XB40 Features
- Extra Bass technology.
- Audio input port.
- Next, the speaker type is: Full Range, Stereo.
- Wireless Connection: NFC and Bluetooth.
- Plus, the unit has a high quality electret condenser microphone for the speakerphone function.
- Noise and echo cancellation on speakerphone calls.
- Furthermore, there’s a power bank function for charging a phone from this speaker.
- Compatible with the SongPal and Music Center apps.
- Multi-color party LED lights.
- This speaker is water and dust resistant.
- Additionally, this unit has a long lasting grill.
- Charging is done via the included AC adapter.
- Standby function.
- You also get voice guidance prompts.
- Needs no app to access all its features.
- Furthermore, there’s the Wireless Party Chain (WPC) function for joining up to ten compatable speakers together for better sound coverage.
- Party light show function.
- Lastly, there is a detachable strap on the speaker.
Sony SRS XB40 Colors
Additionally, this particular Sony speaker you can get in 3 different standard colors that we know of. It comes in
Sony SRS XB40 Price
Finally, as of this writing, you can find the XB40 for between $125.00 and $300.00. The average price appears to be $249.00 US.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB40 Specs
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB40 Extra Bass Party Speaker
References for Sony SRS XB40 Specs
- 2023-01-18: First released.