The Sony X5 portable wireless speaker is a low power, backpack size unit with still enough audio watts in its specs to hear comfortably in a small room or outdoor space with strikingly full sounding speech and music output.
But what do the watts a Bluetooth speaker has, tell you about it? Firstly, the watt is a measure of the amount of power speakers like the X5 draw and deliver. Plus, this metric is a handy comparison measure. E.g. Typically, speakers with more watts output tend to play louder than those with lower max wattages. The ones with greater power cost more, have bigger batteries and chargers, along with larger drivers. But they also offer more dynamic range, have a deeper bass response, and stereo models offer a bigger soundstage to listeners.
Thus on the whole, the more powerful the speaker, the better it sounds, even on low loudness settings. You get better clarity due to higher accuracy reproduction of the bass, midrange, and treble pieces of the music. More extra watts could produce less clipping distortion as well. So, the speaker’s specs wattage number is a primary indicator of speaker quality and performance, and as such, is of great interest to audiophiles and novice listeners alike.
In this case, the Sony X5, as a small battery powered BT speaker, has enough audio power for its size. Its specs watts can supply the area around a dinner table well with music. See below for details on its power output.
Sony X5 Specs Watts: Details
- Battery Capacity: 20.72 watt-hours (7.4 volts, 2.8 amp-hours).
- Suggested USB Charger Power: 7.5 watts (5 volts at 1.5 amps).
- Light Power: No party lamps on this unit.
- Power Bank Output Power: Not available on this speaker.
- Output Power Per Channel (internal battery) RMS: 10 watts.
- Total Audio Output Power (internal battery) (RMS): `20 watts.
- Total Peak Audio Power (internal battery): 28.28 watts.
- Output Power Per Channel (external USB supply) RMS: 10 watts.
- Total Audio Output Power (external USB supply) (RMS): `20 watts.
- Total Peak Audio Power (external USB supply): 28.28 watts.
Notes on Sony X5 Specs Watts
- The Sony X5 may not input enough enough power from a USB power adapter to keep the battery from discharging when playing at full volume, depending on what you’re playing on it and the sort of charger you have. So it could be that even with the unit externally powered, you could still run the battery dead. Thus on the (rare) occasions that this occurs, just stop playing the 3 for an hour or so, to let it store up some reserve power as it recharges. Then, fire it up again for continued party enjoyment.
Other Sony X5 Posts
Related Posts to Sony X5 Specs Watts
- 2023-04-30: First published.