Here, we demo UE Wonderboom reset instructions. These restore the factory default settings to the UE. The hard reset on this UE Boom line of wireless Bluetooth speakers works as follows.
Resetting UE Wonderboom speakers wipes any memorized Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing this data prevents the UE from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the factory reset. Further, you might reset the Wonderboom to re gift it. Or, you just wish to stop its auto pairing with devices you no longer play through lt.
UE Wonderboom Reset Routine
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button lights and you hear a power-up sound. We’ve circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The UE Wonderboom makes a unique sounding turn-on noise. The UE is then ready for reset when this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Wonderboom and that it have previously paired with as well. Whether paired or not, this reset help works the same way, as follows.
3. Be Sure the UE Wonderboom is Not Paired with Anything
UE speakers do not respond to reset requests while connected with a source Bluetooth device. So, unpair the Wonderboom before resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Up to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the speaker, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long vertical line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom then enters hard factory reset. In a few seconds, the unit powers off when reset completes. The falling electronic ka-plunk sound plays. Then the status lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your UE Wonderboom Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the UE again, as detailed in step 1 above.
After a reset, the Wonderboom comes up in ready-to-pair mode again, with the pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. UE Wonderboom Reset Now Done !
Reset is done now. So go ahead and let someone else use this speaker. Or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a reset, the UE no longer auto connects with any previously paired Bluetooth devices. Thus, to restore automatic BT pairing, you pair by hand the Wonderboom with your desired device(s). Then any time that both the UE and device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing again occurs without you having to do anything.
Don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to UE Wonderboom from your source Bluetooth devices that you set up prior to hard resetting the speaker. These will no longer work. So you’ll want to “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Other Posts About the UE Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- Pairing UE Wonderboom with iPad Air Instructions
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- How to Charge UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
Related Posts to these UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
References for UE Wonderboom Reset
- 2021-08-12: Shortened the internal links and tags list.
- 2020-04-13: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-01: Improved key phrase targeting.
- 2019-03-24: First posted.