We’ve used Weiman Glass Cook Top Heavy Duty Cleaner & Polish for several years, and have found it to be fairly decent at cleaning the glass stove top of Amana and Whirlpool flat surface electric stoves.
Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner Introduction
Weiman is an effective but non abrasive liquid cleaner designed to clean glass / ceramic cook tops without scratching them. The 15-ounce bottle we tested cleans a typically-sized stove top between fifteen and thirty times (if you apply it sparingly). You need only a little, although you may need extra for particularly tough, baked-on food spills.
Its aroma does not overpower but is clean-smelling.
Plus, Weiman serves as both a cleaner and a glass polish.
Further, it not only works well on flat top stoves. But it also cleans grimy glass items such as glass-lined coffee pots, glass tumblers, and long-dirty windows with stubborn mud or oil splashes.
Burned on messes commonly occur right above the heaters in glass cooktop ranges. But Weiman cleaner targets those hardened spills. Then, it removes them when scrubbed enough.
Also, have no fear about scratching your stovetop while scrubbing it hard with this cleaner. It does not scratch. Its pasty, glue-like consistency really clings to the spots where you apply it, and will not flow away before you get to scrubbing them.
Benefits, Pros, Features, and Advantages of Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner & Polish
Simple to Use
You just apply, scrub, rinse, and dry. See below for more details.
Not pungent. Has a gentle, non overpowering, and non persistent smell. So you need not open windows or turn on the hood exhaust fan above the stove while cleaning your stove. This scent disappears within a few minutes of rinsing away the cleaner.
Very Little Scratching
We’ve never scratched any stove surface with this Weiman glass top stove care product. The ultra fine gritty, creamy texture easily spreads and wipes up with a clean, damp cloth. It rinses thoroughly and quickly, and does not mar the glass cooktop, even when scrubbing it hard.
Can Polish with Most Any Soft Cloth or Sponge
Works equally well with a rag or sponge. We prefer the rag though, as rags seem cheaper to get hold of than sponges. But regardless of the sponge or cloth you scrub with, you get a shiny, smooth, and squeaky clean glass top surface afterwards.
Easily Rinses Away
Wipes away with clean water completely, and quickly. Leaves behind no smears, streaks, or cleanser powders.
Economical and Affordable
They price this stove top polish reasonably. It can clean a typical glass top stove fifteen to thirty times before it’s time to buy a new bottle.
Recommended for Popular Electric Stove Brands
Weiman glass top cleaner is suggested for Thermador, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, and GE ceramic stovetops.
Cleans Burner Pans Too
A cleaner intended for delicate, easily scratched surfaces, not only is this cleaner effective. But it’s gentle as well. It can even clean the burner pans and inside surfaces of non-flat electric burner stoves.
We’ve never had any skin, nose, or eye discomfort while scrubbing with this product. In fact, this Weiman cooktop cleaner is recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency for its “safer chemistry” formulation, which gives priority to using environmentally safer chemicals. Only trace amounts of phosphorus appear.
Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, Limitations, and Concerns
Needs Lots of Effort to Polish
We’ve found this polish and stovetop cleaner to be quite ineffective at quickly removing burned on ground beef grease from our glass top cooking surfaces. So, with a mess like this, we had to scrub many times over a week or more. We scrubbed once after each burner use where the mess was. The repeated heating and cooling of subsequent uses seems to work better at removing burned on beef grease than does this cleaner.
Nothing Quick or Speedy About this Cleaner
This product is perhaps too gentle. Maybe a little added acid would shorten stovetop cleaning times.
Harder to Find in Stores
We only see this Weiman product in larger grocery and department stores and home centers.
Usage Instructions, Tips, Advice
- Wait for glass top to cool before cleaning, to prevent possible burn injuries.
- Shake bottle well; lest you not get as much scrubbing grit when you squirt it on the dirt.
- Apply liberally. We clean one burner at a time, and apply the most cleaner to the worst looking dirty spots.
- Allow tough stains to soak in this cleaner for several minutes before scrubbing.
- Scrub, scrub, and scrub some more, with small-circle motions over top of and around the heater area. Try a razor blade for those rare, burned-on stains that this product cannot buff away.
- Wipe / rinse with a sopping wet rag. It may take several times of this to completely get up the polish.
- Then, wipe with a rung-out, but damp warm-water cloth in order to pick up any remaining polish grit.
- Dry and buff with a clean paper towel for best, most new-looking shine.
- Repeat daily on really tough food spills until clean.
We like Weiman Glass Cook Top Heavy Duty Cleaner & Polish fairly well, though it’s not quite as heavy duty as first thought; they apparently chose protection of the stove top over rapid yet effective cleaning of it. However, given how gentle it is, we feel secure in using it to clean any glasstop stove top, without fear of scratching.
It’s versatile, in that it functions well, not just on stove tops, but on hard water stains on glass shower doors, ceramic tiles, plastic bath tubs, and even under-the-rim rust stains often found in toilets. Can even remove mildew from plastic shower curtains if you scrub them while they’re laid flat.
So that assurance of safety, as well as the cleaning effectiveness of this product, is a decent selling point. We’d rate this stove top polish and cleaner at 89 out of 100. Just make it more widely available.
Where To Buy Weiman Glass Cook Top Heavy Duty Cleaner & Polish
Look for Weiman glass stove top polish in the white plastic bottle with the black and red label with white lettering, as pictured above, at Walmart and other larger grocery stores, housewares shops, and home centers. You can also find it online at Amazon, eBay, and other major Internet stores.
- Cooktop Cleaning Cream for Smooth Top Ranges Review
- Glass Cooktop Stove Pros and Cons
- Convection Vs Conventional Ovens Pros and Cons
- Comet Soft Cleanser with Bleach Review
- Bar Keepers Friend® Powder Cleanser Polish Review
- Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser Review
- Glass Top Stoves on Wikipedia
- Weiman Products Official Web Site
- Where to buy Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner
- 2019-03-13: Added key phrase targeting, more tags, and more subheadings.
- 2017-01-24: Updated tags list.
- 2015-12-06: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-08-11: Added pictures and more explanatory text.
- 2014-12-27: Moved this piece to the Tom’s Tek Stop blog, revised content, added white space, and adjusted ad positioning.
- 2012-03-06: Originally published.