Here, we show you how to find the Invoke Cortana reset button on the Harman Kardon Invoke speaker. The mic mute button. It’s the only button on the back of the unit. It also serves as the RESET button. This button is easy to get at, as it is not deeply recessed. So be careful not to reset the speaker by accident.
Quickly pressing and letting go of this button toggles mic muting on and off. But pressing and holding this button in restores factory default settings. Thus, it erases current connection and account data in the speaker.
Please see our How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker post for detailed instructions on resetting this speaker to factory default settings. In short however, you press and hold the button until factory reset begins. You know when this reset starts because the light pattern on the top of the speaker changes at that time.
Warning: Do not press and hold this button unless you know how to set up the speaker again. For setup, you need the following…
- The WiFi login info of a usable network for this speaker. Such a network should have internet access.
- Then, you need a mobile device that can connect to the same WiFi network as the speaker.
- Then, you ust have the Cortana app to run on the above stated mobile device.
- Also, the Microsoft account to which the Invoke speaker is assigned, if it is in fact assigned.
Related Posts to Invoke Cortana Speaker Reset Button
- JBL Charge 4 Reset Button, Where to Find It
- Flip 2 Speaker Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Location
- Reset Button on Google Chromecast Audio, Where Is It
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
Other Posts About the Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke Voice Activated Speaker
- How to Reboot the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
References for Invoke Cortana Reset Button
- 2020-04-16: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-11: Added key phrase targeting and shortened title.
- 2017-11-21: Originally published.