We detail here the Echo Dot reset button location on the Echo Dot gens 1, 2, and 3 models? First, the location of the reset button depends on which Echo Dot. Further, only the first generation Dot features a fully dedicated reset button. The others either use button combinations to effect reset, or they have multi function buttons, for which reset is one.
First, the Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset Button Location
On the first generation Echo Dot, find the reset button on the under side (the bottom) of the unit. The Amazon page Reset Your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (1st Generation) says to find this reset button at the speaker base. See our post How to Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation to Factory Default for more details.
Next, the Gen 2 Echo Dot Reset Button
The second generation Echo Dot has no separate reset button. Instead, to reset this speaker, you press and hold the Mic Off and Volume Down (-) buttons on the top of the unit at the same time. See these in the following picture. Also, see our How to Reset Echo Dot 2nd Gen to Factory Default for more details.
Finally, the Echo Dot Reset Button Location for the Gen 3 Echo Dot Speaker
Finally, on the 3rd generation Echo Dot, again, there is no separate reset button. Instead, the Action button on the top of the unit also acts as the Reset button. See this button location in the following picture. Also, see our Reset Echo Dot 3rd Generation to Factory Default Settings post for more details.
Related Posts to Echo Dot Reset Button
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Button Location on this JBL Speaker
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Echo Sub Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Xtreme Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- Reset Button on Instant Pot Smart WiFi Cooker
- How to Force a Firmware Update on the Amazon Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- Restart Echo Dot Instructions, How to Restart Echo Dots
- Use Echo Dot as Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- Reset Echo Dot 3rd Generation to Factory Default Settings
- Change Echo Dot Wake Word, How To
- 2020-05-01: Added tags.
- 2019-04-07: Tweaked the key phrase targeting.
- 2018-12-24: First published.