This piece covers how to charge the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker. Do this simply through the USB power in port, behind the water resistant door. Here, we detail this charging procedure for these tiny beach ready waterproof speakers. Note that you can still play your Go 2 as it charges.
First, pick a strong enough USB power adapter, as no charger comes with this speaker. Most any USB adapter should do though, since this speaker only requires around 2.5 watts (5 volts at 0.5 amps).
Next, connect a micro USB charge cable between the speaker and that adapter. Then, plug the charger into a working wall receptacle.
Then after a few hours, your speaker finishes charging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to four hours before needing another recharge.
How to Charge a JBL Go 2
1. Choose Correct Size AC or Car Adapter
In this exercise, we’re charging our JBL Go 2 with the iClever IC-TC02 24 watt dual port USB AC charger adapter, as pictured next. Please see our iClever Dual USB Wall Charger IC-TC02 Review post for more details on this excellent USB AC charger. Now the Go speakers need 5 volts at roughly 0.6 amps to recharge fully in the shortest time. So this adapter outputs plenty enough current to juice up these speakers, with lots of time left over.
2. Open the Port Cover on the Speaker
Use a fingernail, dime, penny, or small screwdriver to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the Go 2. See the closed power port door in the next picture. Be careful not to mar the delicate seal around the inside edge of the door.
Prying open this door exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Power Off the Speaker
Note that the Go 2 still charges when energized. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging capacity your charger delivers, it might charge faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Go 2
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port, as we see in the next shot.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB power cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as said earlier, we’re using an iClever 24 Watt USB AC adapter along with a much longer USB cable than the orange cord included with our Go 2.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Functioning Wall Receptacle
Now that we connected the JBL Go and our iClever USB adapter, we then plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We plugged ours into a kitchen outlet.
The status lamp lights up solid red on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the red lamp means that charging is occurring.
7. Let the JBL Go 2 Charge Until the Red Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is done when the solid red status lamp on the top front of the speaker’s grill turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Go 2
9. Fully Close the Waterproof USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap the port flap securely, water may soak its USB port. And, since water and electronics generally do not mix, getting the USB charging port wet might damage the electronics inside. So, it’s important to press the port door closed with strong enough force to seat it correctly for maximum water resistance.
10. Done with How to Charge JBL Go 2 !
We have now fully charged our JBL Go 2 portable Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this charging every three to four hours of play, to keep its battery in top working condition for many years to come.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Go 2 Charger Type and Replacement
- How to Factory Reset JBL Go 2 Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
Related Posts to How to Charge JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Go 1 Speaker
- How to Charge Sony SRS XG500 Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme 3 Wireless Speaker
- Recharging Tips for the JBL Flip 6 BT Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Pulse 3 Portable Speaker
References for How to Charge the JBL Go 2
- 2022-08-15: Fixed numerous typos.
- 2020-05-22: Optimized text further and added a few more tags.
- 2020-04-10: Added more tags.
- 2019-05-17: Tweaked the key phrase targeting for ‘How to Charge JBL Go’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-23: First published.