This piece covers how to charge JBL Go Bluetooth speaker (including the Go 1 and Go 2 models). Do this simply through the USB power in port, behind the water resistant door. Here, we detail this charging procedure for these tiny beach ready waterproof speakers. Note that you can still play your Go 2 while it charges.
First, pick a string enough USB power adapter, as no charger comes with the Go speaker.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cable between the speaker and that adapter. Then, plug the charger into a working wall receptacle. Then after a few hours, your JBL Go speaker finishes charging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to four hours before needing another recharge.
How to Charge JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Choose Correctly Sized AC or Car Adapter
In this exercise, we’re charging our JBL Go with the iClever IC-TC02 24 watt dual port USB AC charger adapter, as pictured next. Please see our iClever Dual USB Wall Charger IC-TC02 Review post for more details on this excellent USB AC charger. Now the Go speakers need 5 volts at roughly 0.6 amps to recharge fully in the shortest time. So this iClever USB adapter outputs plenty enough current to juice up these wireless speakers, with lots of time left over.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Use a fingernail, dime, penny, or small screwdriver to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the JBL Go. See the closed power port door in the next picture. Be careful not to mar the delicate seal around the inside edge of the door.
Prying open this door exposes the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Power Off your Go JBL Speaker
Note that the Go still charges when energized. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging capacity your charger delivers, The Go speaker might charge somewhat faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the JBL Go Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Go 2
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port on the Go models, as seen in the next shot.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB power cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as said earlier, we’re using an iClever 24 Watt USB AC adapter along with a much longer USB cable than the orange cord included with our Go 2.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Functioning Wall Receptacle
Now that we connected the JBL Go and our iClever USB adapter, we then plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We plugged ours into a kitchen outlet.
The status lamp lights up solid red on JBL Go speakers. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the red lamp means that charging is occurring.
7. Let the JBL Go Charge Until the Red Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is finished when the solid red status lamp on the top front of the speaker’s grill turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Go Speaker to Continue with How to Charge JBL Go 2
9. Fully Close the Waterproof USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap the Go port flap securely, water may soak its USB port. And, since water and electronics generally do not mix, getting the USB charging port wet might damage the JBL Go electronics inside. So, it’s important to press the port door closed with strong enough force to adequately seat it, to get maximum water resistance.
10. Done with How to Charge JBL Go 2 !
We have now fully charged our JBL Go portable Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this charging every three to four hours of play, to keep its battery in top working condition for many years to come.
Related Posts to How to Charge JBL Go 2
- iClever Double Port USB AC Charger IC-TC02 Review
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- Flip 2 JBL Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- Charging JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Pairing JBL Go 2 with iPhone iPad iPod iOS Phones Tablets
- JBL Go Reset Button, Where It is Located
References for How to Charge JBL Go 2
- 2020-05-22: Optimized text further and added a few more tags.
- 2020-04-10: Added more tags.
- 2019-05-17: Tweaked the key phrase targeting for ‘How to Charge JBL Go’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-23: First published.