This post tell how to factory reset JBL Xtreme, for returning the speaker to its default factory settings. Factory resetting the Xtreme restores it to default operation. Factory reset clears any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Wiping old settings stops the Xtreme from pairing to any close-by active Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with phones and tablets you no longer wish it to link with.
How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme
1. Turn on the JBL Xtreme
When the Xtreme is off, all buttons are dark, including the Power button, as shown next.
Then, press and release the Power button. That button should right away light up as shown in the following pictures. Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above, pointed at by the green arrow.
Next, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the JBL Xtreme with our tablet before this, it automatically pairs with it now. We know that because the Power button glows solid blue, rather than blinking blue or white. Yours may glow other colors or flash patterns depending on the speaker’s pairing state.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Xtreme is ready for factory reset after this sound ends. If your speaker pairs with an in-range Bluetooth device, you’ll also hear the three rising single guitar notes a few seconds after the startup cord. At any rate, whether or not the speaker pairs with any Bluetooth devices does not change how you factory reset it. In either case, the factory reset directions are the same, as we detail next.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons on this Xtreme JBL speaker.
The Xtreme then enters factory reset, as seen in the next picture.
Note that both the Power and Connect+ buttons come on for a few seconds as the reset advances. The Power button glows a pale blue or white, and the Connect+ button glows gray-white for a second or two. We circled these buttons in green in the following photo.
Then after a short pause, factory reset finishes. Then the JBL Xtreme shuts off. All lights go off just after it plays the guitar power-down noise.
4. Next, Check that Factory Reset Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the Xtreme again, as taught in step 1 above. In summary, press and release the Power button. See the Power button pointed out in the next picture.
Now this time, after factory reset, our speaker right away starts in Bluetooth pairing mode, as seen next.
Note that we did not press the Bluetooth button first. Why? Because after reset, the JBL Xtreme automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode. Note that the Power button blinks blue to mean Bluetooth discovery mode. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Xtreme is not currently paired. We expect it would not pair to anything after a factory reset.
5. Done with the How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme Routine
The JBL Xtreme reset is done at last. You may now pack it up for resale, or pair it once again with your media playing Bluetooth devices.
Note about Automatic Pairing after Factory Reset
The Xtreme will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired in-range Bluetooth device in Bluetooth pairing mode. So, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Xtreme listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once done, then manually pair the Xtreme with that device again if so desired. Then any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing automatically happens once again.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme
- How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Factory Reset the JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3, How To
- Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug, Hard Factory Reset
- Factory Reset Echo Dot 2nd Generation Instructions, How To
- How to Factory Reset Google Home Original Speaker
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- How to Factory Reset Echo Dot 3rd Generation Amazon Speaker
- Factory Reset Google Mini Speaker Instructions
- How to Factory Reset Echo Spot Visual Speaker
- Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot Speakers, How To
- HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset, How To
- 2019-04-01: Improved key phrase targeting.
- 2019-01-16: First published.