Here, we show how to factory reset UE Wonderboom Logitech speaker back to its factory default settings. The factory reset routine on the Ultimate Ears Boom line of wireless speakers works as detailed next.
Resetting UE Wonderboom speakers wipes any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from their internal memory. Clearing this data prevents the UE from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the factory reset. Further, you might reset this speaker to ready it for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you simply wish to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer use with it whenever you power it up.
How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Logitech Speaker
1. Turn on the Wonderboom
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button lights and you hear a power-up sound. We’ve circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Wonderboom makes a unique electronic sounding noise when it turns on. The JBL Go is then ready for use when this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go and that it has previously paired with as well. Whether paired or not, the factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Be Sure the Wonderboom is Not Paired with Anything
This speaker does not respond to the factory reset request while paired with a source Bluetooth device. So, unpair the Wonderboom before factory resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the speaker, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long vertical line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom speaker then enters factory hard reset. Within a couple seconds, the unit powers off after reset is done. The falling electronic ker-plunk sounds, and the status lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your Wonderboom Wireless Speaker Did Indeed FactoryReset
Next, power on the UE Wonderboom again, as described in step 1 above.
After a factory reset, the Wonderboom UE comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. UE Wonderboom Factory Reset Now Done!
The Wonderboom UE reset is finished now. So go ahead and gift or sell it, or pair it anew with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory hard reset, the UE speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic BT pairing, you manually pair the Wonderboom with your desired device(s). Then after that, any time that both the Wonderboom and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing automatically takes place again.
Don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to UE Wonderboom from your source Bluetooth devices that you set up prior to hard resetting the speaker. These will no longer work. So you’ll want to “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset, How To
- How to Charge UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- Factory Reset Echo Spot Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with iPad Air Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot Speakers
- Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home, How To
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa Echo Speakers
- 2019-05-15: Tuned the key phrase targeting for ‘How to Factory Reset UE Wonderboom’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-12: First released.