Show you how to hard reset your Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Hard resetting restores the XB 43 to default state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing these stops this unit from auto connecting to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset the speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Hard Reset the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn the Unit ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as we see in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up and announce that it has paired, should it auto join to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. But Whether the unit pairs or not though, this hard reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing and Volume DOWN Buttons Simultaneously
Find these buttons in the next picture. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The SRS XB43 then enters its hard reset program.
Then after a small pause, the speaker switches OFF, and the power lamp goes dark, as we see next. Note that on the XB 43, there is no power-OFF sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, switch on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after hard reset, the XB43 comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing Mode lamp blinks in a blue two-pulse-pause pattern to tell you this. This means that you may now find this speaker on a nearby Bluetooth device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Hard Reset the Sony SRS XB43 !
The hard reset is now done. So you may now sell or gift this speaker, or link it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Note that after a hard reset, the XB43 no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Hard Reset the Sony SRS XB43
- How to Hard Reset JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Hard Resetting the JBL Xtreme 2 Wireless Speaker
- How to Hard Reset Echo Dot
- Hard Resetting the Google Home Speaker
- How to Hard Reset iPod Touch Apple Media Player
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Light
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB43
- 2021-09-20: First published.