Here, we explain how to know if the JBL Go 2 speaker is fully charged, so that you get maximum playing time from it when you take it on little jaunts around town. But though the unit has no battery meter per se, you can tell if the battery is at full charge by observing the speaker status lamp as it recharges. Sadly though, we know of no way to tell if the battery actually has full charge without using a charging adapter and USB-C cable.
Now the Go 2 JBL BT speaker has a single LED on the front panel, as shown in the following pictures. This displays battery status, whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s very low or not while the speaker plays.
But this lamp does not show charging progress beyond the fact that progress is happening. E.g. How full the battery is at a given time while charging. Nor does it show how much power remains in the battery when discharging, although it does change color when the battery reaches near-dead state.
How to Know if JBL Go 2 is Fully Charged
1. When the Battery Status Lamp is OFF
When you power down the Go 2 with no charger connected, this lamp, that also doubles as a pilot light, is dark. Also, with the charger connected, this LED is also dark when the battery has reached fully charged status, as shown next.
2. JBL Go 2 Charging Indicator Shows Battery Recharging Progress
The status lamp lights up red (no flashing) while the speaker charges, as shown in the next photo. Here, the glowing light is the only visual means to know that charging is going on. Indeed, the battery is not yet full as long as this lamp glows red with a charging cord connected.
Related Posts to How to Know if JBL Go 2 Speaker is Fully Charged
- How to Know if JBL Clip 2 Speaker is Fully Charged
- How to Know if JBL Go 3 Speaker is at Full Charge
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2 Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Bass Boost JBL Go 2 BT Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Charge JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Reset Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- How to Put JBL Go 2 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Know if JBL Go 2 is Fully Charged
- 2021-07-24: First published.