This post demonstrates how to pair a JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker. It shows pairing with iOS tablets and phone devices. But a slightly modified routine works on Android devices too. In short, with your speaker shut off (Power button dark), run through this routine to pair your Xtreme 2 to a Bluetooth source device. We show this on an iPad Air tablet here. However, pairing is nearly the same for all the other BT devices, although the screen arrangements are a bit different depending on the source unit you’re pairing.
How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2, Step by Step
1. Pull Up the Home Screen on your Source Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to reveal the Home screen. See our Home screen as pictured next.
2. Find the Settings App on your Source Bluetooth Device
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our iPad Air tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App to Continue with How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2
Tap the Settings app icon.
The tablet / iPhone then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen the appears as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Xtreme 2 is currently powered OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad Air before, and the speaker is not yet broadcasting its connection information. See this, as shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on this speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, this JBL speaker will not pair with it by itself. The light that comes to life in the Power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white or blinking blue, as shown next.
6. Put your Speaker into Pairing Mode to Continue with How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2
Now, to see your JBL Xtreme 2 on your phone or tablet, enter the speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button on the speaker, as highlighted in the next picture.
When you press the Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Plus, the Power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this in the next picture.
To simplify the screenshots that follow, we’ve deleted from our iPad some of the Bluetooth devices not needed to illustrate the points in this demo.
7. Find your Speaker on your Source Device
See the screen shot next. We found ours, as pointed at by the green arrow, as seen next.
8. Pair with your JBL Xtreme 2
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Xtreme 2 (appears as “JBL Xtreme 2” in this demo). The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as connected, as pointed at by the green arrows in the last picture.
9. Done with How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2 !
We have now successfully paired this speaker with our mobile device.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Charging Time, How Long to Fully Charge
- Xtreme JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Battery Life, How Long Battery Should Last
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 1 Charger Specs and Info
- How to Turn On JBL Xtreme Low Frequency Mode
Related Posts to How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Clip 3 with Google Home Speakers
- Pairing JBL Flip 2 with iOS iPad iPhone iPod
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Invoke as Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker How to Pair
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker with iPhone
- How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Go 2 with Echo Alexa Speakers
- How to Pair Google Home with Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Google Home as Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2
- 2020-08-07: First released.