This post shows how to pair the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker with common BT source devices like phones, tablets, and desktop computers. Start with your speaker powered OFF (all dark top panel LEDs). Then, follow these steps to pair it with most any Bluetooth source device. In this demo, we show how to pair on an iPad Air tablet. But a similar routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets as well.
How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom, Step by Step
1. Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on our iPad.
2. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info. This looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that no Ultimate Ears Wonderboom appears just yet.
5. Turn On your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom then comes on.
6. Put your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPad Air, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts rapidly flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
7. Find your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
8. Pair with your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Wonderboom (appears as “WONDERBOOM” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as paired, as circled inside the green oval in the last picture.
9. Done with How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom !
We have now successfully paired our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker with our iPad Air iOS device. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this wireless UE speaker, which is what you want. Pairing like this works with most other Bluetooth source devices as well.
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- How to Charge Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Buttons Guide, How to Use
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
Related Posts to How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing Echo Dot with Bluetooth Speaker, Echo Dot 2
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home, How To
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 with Google Home Speakers, Original, Mini, and Max
- JBL Flip 4 Change Name, How to Change JBL Bluetooth Speaker Name
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker with iOS Devices
References for How to Pair Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Revisions and Changes
- 2020-06-05: First published.