To pair your SRS XB01 Sony speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to refresh old connection info in that device, you have to know how to start up discovery mode on the speaker. Moreover, in this mode, the speaker broadcasts its name and currently valid connection information over the Bluetooth airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put the Sony SRS XB01 speaker into pairing mode, to let you to sync it with phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth Speaker in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the XB01
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
E.g. See this button, that we point out with the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
2. Press and Hold the Power-Pairing Button for Two or Three Seconds
Secondly, This lets you see your XB01 on your source Bluetooth device. So, place the speaker into pairing mode by pressing and holding the the Power-Pairing button, as pointed out in the first picture above. Note that the Pairing button doubles as the Power button in this case.
When you press this button, the speaker plays two high beeps. Plus, the status lamp begins rapidly flashing white. Release the button when this occurs because your XB01 is now in pairing mode.
3. Done with How to Put Sony SRS XB10 Speaker in Pairing Mode
While the Status lamp is blinking, you should be able to see the XB01 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next.
Note in the last picture, that the speaker appears as “SRS-XB01”. So at this point, you could connect to the XB01 if you wish.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Make Sony SRS XB01 Discoverable
- Sony SRS XB01 Speaker How to Check Battery
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB01 Tiny Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Put the SRS XB01 Sony Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS X11 Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS XB43 into Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB13 Speaker, How to Put into Pairing Mode
- How to Put UE Roll Speaker into Pairing Mode
- Putting the Echo Dot into Pairing Mode
- 2020-09-25: First published.