This post gives Sony SRS XB43 pairing instructions for this Extra Bass speaker, to connect it with common Bluetooth devices. E.g. These include the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets.
Sony SRS XB43 Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your SRS XB43 speaker shut OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source Bluetooth device. E.g. We’re using an iPad Air computer for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Sony SRS XB43 Pairing
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our Sony SRS XB43 is currently switched OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRX XB43 Speaker
Turn on the XB43 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as seen in the next picture.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB13 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the SRS XB43 into Pairing Mode
Then, to see this BT speaker on your device, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press the Pairing button, and release after a quarter second.
Find the Pairing button as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
Then the speaker emits a rise-fall beep. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing in a pulse-pulse-pause-pulse-pulse-pause pattern.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with Sony SRS XB43 Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our XB13, as we point at with the green arrow.
8. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the XB43.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB43 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with Sony SRS XB43 Pairing Instructions !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB43 Bluetooth speaker with a common mobile tablet device. Thus, you can start enjoying your music on this speaker that sounds much better than that in just about every smart phone or tablet.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to Sony SRS-XB43 Pairing
- Sony SRS XB13 Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB12 Pairing Instructions
- SRS XB10 Sony Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB43 Pairing
- Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Generation Charger Specs
- How to Turn Microphone ON, on the Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Force Restart Samsung J7 Phone
- Syncing 2 Wonderboom Speakers Together
- Cleaning Anti Reflective Eyeglasses Instructions
- 2021-09-14: First published.