Show you how to factory reset your Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Factory resetting restores the XB43 to default state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this speaker from auto connecting to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset the speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up and announce that it has paired, should it auto link to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. But Whether the unit pairs or not though, this factory reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing and Volume DOWN Buttons at the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB43 then enters its factory reset process.
Then after a little pause, the speaker switches itself OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as we see next. Note that on the SRS XB43, there is no shutdown sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the XB43 comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing Mode lamp flashes in a blue two-blink-pause pattern to tell you this. This signifies that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby Bluetooth device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB43 !
The factory reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or connect it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Note that after a factory reset, the XB43 no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB43
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Go 3 BT Speaker
- Factory Resetting the JBL Flip 5 Wireless Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Echo Dot 3rd Gen
- How to Factory Reset Alexa Dot Speakers
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Light
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB43
- 2021-09-20: First published.