The Boombox JBL power bank speaker has a row of LEDs across its lower front panel, as shown in the following pictures. These display battery fullness and charging status. In short, the JBL Boombox battery indicator lets you see charging progress, and how full the battery is when away from AC power.
How to Read the JBL Boombox Battery Indicator Lights
1. All LEDs OFF
When you power down the JBL Boombox with no charger connected, no lamps glow, as shown next. The lamps also remain dark when the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full.
2. JBL Boombox Battery Indicator Shows Recharging Progress
There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging advances, as shown in the next picture. This speaker is charging when you see one of these lamps blinking white. When the battery is at almost complete discharge, the light on the far left blinks red prior to charging, and flashes white once you begin charging. Then as charging continues, that lamp stops flashing, and assumes a steady white glow. At that point, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is About Done
As JBL Boombox charging progresses, more and more of these lamps light up solid, That is, the flashing white LED moves further and further to the right, until that blinking reaches the last of these five lamps.
Battery charging is almost done when all but the last of the battery indicator lamps light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the charge level lamps is flashing white.
The battery recharge cycle on the JBL Boombox finishes when all indicator lights turn off, as shown above. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
4. The JBL Boombox Battery Indicator also Shows Battery Fullness when Not Charging
Lastly, when unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery indicator. The more lights lit, the fuller the battery. The fewer glowing lamps, the less speaker run time is left. These lamps show battery status for a brief time after you power up the Boombox, or whenever you press any of the buttons. To save power, these lamps go dark after some seconds. So to see how much battery charge remains once more, just press the volume UP or DOWN buttons to bring the lamps back to life.
Related Posts to JBL Boombox Battery Indicator
- JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Details
- JBL Go 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- The Go 2 JBL Speaker Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
- JBL Clip 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
Other Posts About the JBL Boombox Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Boombox Buttons Meanings, Functions, Codes
- How to Tell if JBL Boombox is Charging
- Firmware Update Instructions for the JBL Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Boombox Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- JBL Boombox Factory Reset Instructions
References for JBL Boombox Battery Indicator
- 2021-07-28: First published.