These JBL Clip 2 reset instructions show you how to factory reset your JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth speaker to its default factory settings. The factory reset routine on the Clip 2, works as described next.
Resetting restores this Clip 2 JBL speaker to factory default state. Resetting the Clip Two erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset this JBL Bluetooth speaker to make it ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the Clip 2
Press and hold the power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Clip 2 is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Clip. Whether paired the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together
Find the Phone and UP Volume buttons. The Phone button is in the middle of the left side panel of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is to its left, as circled in the next picture.
The Clip 2 then enter hard reset. Within a second or two, the unit powers off after this very quick JBL Clip 2 Reset finishes, the falling guitar strum sounds, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that your JBL Clip 2 Wireless Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the Clip Two again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a JBL Clip 2 reset, our speaker came up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing blue.
The JBL Clip 2 reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Clip 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both the Clip 2 and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- JBL Charge 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Clip 2
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with iOS Devices, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Factory Reset Echo Spot Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions, How to Reset Alexa Woofer
- HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset, How To
- Honeywell Thermostat Reset Instructions RTH9580WF
- 2019-04-30: Tuned the targeting and added tags.
- 2019-01-10: First published.