Gives reset instructions for the Sony SRS XB12 speaker to set it back to its default settings. Resetting restores the XB12 to factory default state. Plus, it erases any earlier connected Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this unit from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might reset to get this speaker ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. Whether paired or not, this reset to factory default state routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN and Power Buttons At the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. Find both of them near the bottom of the speaker, as called out in the next picture.
The XB12 then enters factory hard reset.
After a very short pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB12, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB12 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after a factory default hard reset, the XB12 comes up in pairing mode. The Power lamp blinks blue rapidly to let you know this. This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions !
The reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard factory reset, the XB12 no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore automatic pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB12 Extra Bass Speaker, How to Do It
- How to Make Sony SRS XB12 Discoverable
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB12 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB12 Charging Light Stays On, CHG Lamp
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 with Alexa
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions to Solve Many Problems
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions
- 2021-08-12: Shortened the internal links and tags lists for improved targeting.
- 2020-12-12: First published.