Here, we describe how to connect your account on Spotify to your Amazon Alexa smart speakers. After you finish Spotify setup, you can listen to your personal playlists and collections saved on your Spotify account, on any of your Amazon Echo speakers.
How to Connect Spotify to Alexa Smart Speakers
What you’ll Need First
- You must first set up an Amazon account at amazon.com . Follow the instructions on that site to do so.
- You also will need a premium Spotify account. Set that up at spotify.com . Again, like Amazon, the Spotify site guides you through new account creation.
- Finally, download and install the Alexa app on a phone or tablet computer, and log into it with your Amazon account credentials. You’ll then use the Alexa app to associate your Amazon account with your Spotify account. The app is available in the Google Play and Apple App store.
How to Connect your Spotify Account with your Amazon Alexa Account
We’re setting up Spotify on Alexa using our iPad Air tablet as follows.
1. Bring up the Alexa App
Run the Alexa app on your mobile device. First, locate the Alexa app on your mobile device, as shown next.
The app Home screen then appears, as shown next.
2. Tap the Main Menu (Hamburger) Control
Find the hamburger button in the top left corner of the screen, pointed at by the green arrow, as shown in the last picture.
Then, the Alexa main menu appears in the left side of the screen, as shown in the next picture.
3. Tap the Settings Item on the Main Menu to Continue with How to Connect Spotify to Alexa
We’ve highlighted this option with the green arrow in the last picture.
Then, the Settings screen appears, as shown in the next picture.
4. Tap the Music Item on the Settings Page
The Music option is pointed at by the green arrow in the last screen shot.
The app then displays the Music Settings screen as shown next.
5. Tap the Link Account on Spotify.com Option
Find this option on the Music Settings page. Find this near the top right edge of the screen, pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture.
The Alexa app then prompts you to enter your Spotify account user Id (usually your email address) and account password, as shown next.
6. Next, Enter your Spotify Account Login Credentials to Continue with How to Connect Spotify to Alexa
These include your user name (an email address you provided when you originally set up your Spotify account), and your Spotify account password.
Note that you can either manually enter your Spotify login info, or choose the Log In with Facebook option if you have your Facebook account set up on your mobile device. However, due to our perhaps anal security concerns. we’ve chosen to enter our Spotify account credentials directly, as shown next.
Fill out the Spotify user Id and password fields, and then move on to the next step.
7. Then, Tap the Green Log In Button
Find this on the last pictured screen face above.
The system then asks you to confirm that you agree to the terms under which Alexa will use your Spotify account, as shown next.
8. Press the Green OKAY Button
Find the OKAY button at the Connect Alexa to your Spotify account prompt, as shown in the last picture.
The Alexa app, assuming you entered the correct Spotify account credentials, lets you know that your Spotify account has been linked successfully with your Amazon Alexa account, as shown next.
9. Tap the X (Close Button) to Continue with How to Connect Spotify to Alexa
The X button is pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture. Find this in the top right corner of the screen.
The Alexa app then shows a tips for Spotify usage on Alexa screen, as pictured next.
Read through this, and then press the Back button, located in the top left corner of the screen.
You are then returned to the Settings screen, as shown next.
Done with How to Connect Spotify with Alexa
So you can now access your Spotify content specific to your Spotify account, on any Alexa speaker associated with your Amazon account. You may exit the Alexa app if you wish.
See our Amazon Alexa Spotify Commands for Echo Smart Speakers for a brief list of the voice commands you can issue to your Echo smart speakers, to make them play Spotify content.
Other Posts About Spotify
Related Posts to How to Connect Spotify to Alexa
- How to Connect JBL Speaker to Alexa
- How to Connect Pandora to Alexa
- Connecting Alexa to WiFi, Different Network
- How to Connect Gosund Mini Smart Plug to Alexa
- Connect Alexa to New WiFi, How To
- How to Connect Alexa to Internet Network
- Connect JBL Flip 4 to Alexa Speaker Instructions
- Connect Honeywell Thermostat to Alexa, How To
- How to Connect Amazon Echo to Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Connect Spotify to Alexa
- 2019-04-16: Tweaked the targeting and added tags. Deleted stop words from post URL.
- 2018-12-02: First published.