To pair the Charge 4 BT speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to download the connection information for the speaker onto that device, you must know how to start off pairing mode on the speaker. In this mode, the Charge 4 broadcasts its Bluetooth name and current linkage data over the Bluetooth medium. So in this piece, we show you how to put the Charge 4 speaker into this Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, you can join it to tablets, phones, other speakers, and computers.
How to Put the Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Speaker
Firstly, turn on the unit by pressing its Power button once.
See this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover this speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as pointed out in the next picture.
Furthermore, when you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the lamp in that same button starts quickly blinking white, as shown next.
3. Done with How to Put Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
While the Pairing button light is flashing, you should be able to see your Charge 4 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next.
Moreover, the test speaker is named “Tom’s Charge 4” here. But yours will likely appear as “JBL Charge 4” if you have not renamed it.
Other Posts About the Charge 4 BT Speaker
- Charge 4 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Pair Charge 4 BT Speaker
- Charge 4 Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Restart Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Put Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Wonderboom Speaker into Pairing Mode
- How to Put Wonderboom 2 Speaker into Pairing Mode
- Turning On Bluetooth Pairing Mode in Google Home
- How to Put Sony SRS XB10 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS XB12 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-28: First published.