We show how to restart your Charge 4 Bluetooth speaker. Restarting returns the speaker to its default factory settings. It erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory, and stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, restart it to get this BT speaker ready for sale or re gifting.
How to Restart Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the Charge 4
Press and release the Power button. It should immediately light up solid white.
Find the Power button, pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the Charge 4 with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth pairing mode. We know that because the Bluetooth button remains OFF, rather than blinking white. Note the dark Bluetooth button, to the right of the glowing Power button in the next picture.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Charge 4 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up, and is ready for restarting once this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart Charge 4
See the next picture to find the Bluetooth and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then begins restart, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Bluetooth buttons and the egg shaped ring that surrounds them. All of these light up for a couple seconds during restart. I.e. The ring and both buttons glow gray-white.
Then after a short pause, the speaker powers OFF. All lights go out, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
The next picture shows the speaker powered down. All buttons are dark.
4. Check that your Charge 4 Did Restart
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above. In short, press and release the Power button.
Now this time, after restart, our speaker right away comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. We did not have to press the Bluetooth button first. Note that the Bluetooth button blinks to let you know that the speaker has entered this Bluetooth pairing mode. When this button blinks or is dark, the speaker is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a master reset.
5. Done with How to Restart Charge 4 !
The Charge 4 restart is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Since, as noted prior, this Charge speaker will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired, in range Bluetooth device in Bluetooth pairing mode, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Charge 4 listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once you do that, then manually pair again with that device if you wish. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Restart Charge 4
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Mini Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Force Restart Samsung J7
- 2020-07-01: First published.