Here, we show how to factory reset the Echo Studio speaker, to put it back to factory default settings. You may wish reset to prepare the unit to sell or give the to another. Or, to link it to a new Alexa account. Or, to connect it to a new WiFi network. In all these situations, resetting is the best way to clean out all old account data from the Echo Studio. Reset gets it ready to use on a new account and / or WiFi network. So to reset the speaker, and unpair it from its current Amazon account, run through the routine below.
Do not always reset as a first step for fixing strange behavior though. In fact, before resetting, you should first try powering down the speaker by disconnecting its AC cord either from the wall outlet, or from the unit itself. Then, wait twenty seconds or more. Then plug it back in. Rebooting often restores proper working order. But if not, read on for the proper reset procedure.
Once you reset the Echo Studio, you’ll no longer be able to control it from your Amazon account. To get control back, run through the Setup procedure again. There, relink the speaker to that account again via the Alexa app.
How to Reset Alexa Echo Studio Speaker
1. Attach Wall Power Cable
First, connect the speaker to its 12-volt power adapter cord, as shown next.
2. Next, Plug the AC Cord into a Working Wall Outlet
See this as shown next.
Then, wait for the unit to finish booting. It’s done booting when either the light ring goes dark, or it begins flashing orange, red, or purple.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Action Button for 5 to 10 Seconds to Continue with How to Reset the Echo Studio Speaker
Press the Action button until the light ring turns orange. You should also hear the Studio say that it is entering Setup mode. On this speaker, the Action button doubles as the Reset button, and is pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
4. Finally, What Happens After Echo Studio Reset?
Your speaker is now restored to its factory default settings. It also has entered Setup mode, as shown next.
5. Done with How to Reset Echo Studio !
Next, Pack it Up or Set Up the Speaker Again
You may now give your Studio Echo to another now. Don’t fear that they’ll have access to the Alexa settings on your Amazon account though, because they won’t.
Or, you can set it up again on your existing account. But if selling, we recommend that you pack the device in its original carton. Do this for safest transport through the mail, as shown in the next picture. Then, pack the Echo box in another outer box for further safety.
Other Posts About the Echo Studio Speaker
Related Posts to How to Reset the Echo Studio Speaker
- How to Reset Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- How to Reset Wonderboom 2, Hard Factory Reset
- Reset Echo Dot 2nd Generation to Factory Settings
- How to Reset Sony Bluetooth Speaker, Hard Factory
- Resetting the Alexa Dot Gen 2 Smart Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Dot Gen 1 Speaker
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
- How to Reset Original Google Home Smart Speaker to Factory Default Settings
- How to Reset Echo Dot 3rd Gen Speaker
References for How to Reset Echo Studio Smart Speaker
- 2020-12-16: First published.