This post gives pairing instructions for a run-of-the-mill Sony speaker to common mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets.
Sony Speaker Pairing Instructions
With your speaker switched OFF (power button is not glowing), run through this routine to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Mobile Device
Firstly, press the Home button to display the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our test Sony speaker is right now powered OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not appear in the BT devices list. Furthermore, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On your Sony Speaker
Turn on the speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp slowly blinks. This means that it’s ready to answer a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the speaker will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Sony Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your device, place it into BT discovery / pairing mode. So to do that, press the Power button, and release when the unit beeps.
E.g. Find this control as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press the Power button, the speaker makes a couple beeps. Also, the status lamp changes from a slow flashing white to fast flashing white.
7. Find the Sony Speaker on your Mobile Device
See the screen shot next. In fact, we found our test speaker, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your Sony Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the speaker.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected Sony speaker entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with Sony Speaker Pairing Instructions !
At last, we have now successfully paired our speaker with a common mobile tablet device.
Other Posts About the Sony Speaker
- How to Turn On Lights on a Sony Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on a Sony Speaker
- Sony Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Put a Sony Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Pair Sony Speaker to iPhone
Related Posts to Sony Speaker Pairing
- How to Put Sony SRS XB20 in Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB43 Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB12 Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Wonderboom Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for Sony Speaker Pairing Instructions
- 2022-07-08: First published.