Gives factory reset instructions for the Sony SRS XB12 speaker to set it back to its default settings. Factory resetting restores the XB12 to factory default state. Plus, it erases any earlier connected Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this unit from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might factory reset to get this speaker ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB12 Factory Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Power UP the Speaker
Press the Power button for a half-second or so and then release it.
E.g. Find the Power button as we show in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. Yet whether paired or not, this factory reset to default state routine works the same, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN and Power Buttons At the Same Time
Find these buttons as we show next. Find both of them near the bottom of the speaker, as called out in the next picture.
The XB12 then enters factory reset mode.
After a little pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB12, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB12 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as we detail in step 1.
Note that after a factory reset, the XB12 comes up in pairing / discovery mode. The Power lamp blinks blue rapidly to signify this. This is a prompt that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB12 Factory Reset Instructions !
Factory reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or link it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB12 no longer auto connects with any prior paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore automatic pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker with Common Bluetooth Devices
- How to Make Sony SRS XB12 Discoverable
- Telling that the Sony SRS XB12 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB12 Charging Light Stays On, CHG Lamp
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB12 BT Speaker with Alexa
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB12 Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB10 Factory Reset Instructions
- Netgear Extender Hard Reset Instructions
- Logitech Wonderboom Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- Go 3 BT Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB12 Factory Reset
- 2021-08-12: First published.