Where is the Google Chromecast Audio
Receiver Reset Button Located?
The reset button is located on the side of the Chromecast, near the micro USB power port at the top of the unit, pointed at by the blue arrow, shown in the following pictures.
With the receiver powered up, press and hold the reset button here with a thumb or index finger for several seconds. This starts a factory default hard reset, when the pilot lamp near it turns orange. Factory default reset is complete when the light starts emitting an orange, gradually strengthening and weakening light pattern.
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Reboot the Google Chromecast Audio Receiver Device
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Smart Speaker to Factory Default State
- Where is the Reset Button on Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Echo Dot Reset Button Location on Gen 1, 2, and 3 Dots
- Where is the Reset Button on Google Home Speaker
- Where is the Echo Dot Reset Button
- How to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast Audio from Google Support
- Chromecast Audio Review: The Ultimate Audio Streaming Dongle is Better than Ever, from Cnet
- 2017-10-31: Originally published.