This post shows how to connect an Apple iPhone to a JBL Bluetooth speaker. We demonstrate this on an iPad Air tablet, but it works the same on the iPhone.
How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker, Step by Step
With your speaker powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this demo.
1. Find your Way to the Home Screen on your iPhone
Press the Home button to uncover the mobile iPhone’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our speaker is currently turned OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, you wouldn’t see it if you’ve never connected the speaker with your iPhone before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on the BT speaker by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since your iPhone does not know about this speaker, the speaker will not pair with the phone automatically. The light that comes on in the Power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Bluetooth Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPhone, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode by pressing and releasing the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth discovery mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the Power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Device to Continue with How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker
See the screen shot next. We found ours, as pointed at by the blue arrow, as shown next.
8. Next, Connect your iPhone with the JBL Bluetooth Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your iPhone then pairs with the speaker (“JBL Charge 3” in this scenario).
The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
Note that the JBL Bluetooth speaker now shows as connected on your iPhone, as pointed at by the Blue arrows in the last picture.
9. Done with How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker !
We have now successfully connected a JBL Bluetooth speaker with an iPhone like tablet. This procedure also works when pairing with other Apple devices, although the screen faces may be somewhat different.
Related Posts to How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect iPhone to JBL Flip 4
- How to Connect JBL Charge 3 to iPhone 11
- JBL Xtreme How to Connect with iPhone
- How to Connect Sony Speaker to iPhone
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
Other Posts About JBL Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker Buttons, Combinations
- How to Reset JBL Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker Reset Instructions
- JBL Bluetooth Speaker Volume Control Described
- How to Connect JBL Bluetooth Speaker to Alexa
References for How to Connect iPhone to JBL Bluetooth Speaker
- 2020-12-01: First published.