This post shows how to pair JBL a Charge 4 Bluetooth with common source devices like the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones and tablets. A routine with some small variation also works for Android phones and tablets.
How to Pair JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker, Step by Step
With your Charge 4 JBL speaker powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this demo.
1. Find your Way to the Home Screen on your Tablet or Phone
Press the Home button to uncover the mobile device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of our Home screen.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The source device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with How to Pair JBL Charge 4
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since this speaker is currently powered OFF, it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPad Air before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Charge 4
Turn on the 4 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since our iPad Air does not know about this speaker, it will not pair with the JBL Charge 4 automatically.
The light in the Power switch then comes on white. The white glowing Power button denotes this not-paired state as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Charge 4 on your source BT device, put the speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Pairing button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, that same button starts flashing white. See this next,
7. Find your JBL Charge 4 on your Source Device
See the screen shot next. We found our Bluetooth speaker, as pointed at by the blue arrow, as shown next.
8. Pair with your JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list, shown above.
Your mobile device then pairs with the speaker (“Tom’s Charge 4” in this demo).
The device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
Note that the JBL Charge 4 now shows as paired, as pointed at by the green arrows in the last picture.
9. Done with How to Pair JBL Charge 4 !
We have now successfully paired this power bank speaker with our iPad iPadOS tablet. Again, this routine also applies when pairing with Apple iPhone and iPod devices, although the screen faces may differ slightly on the iPhone.
Related Posts to How to Pair JBL Charge 4
- How to Pair JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with iOS Devices, iPhone, iPad
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing Harman Kardon Invoke as Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker
- Pairing Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Pair Google Home with Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Google Home as Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Charge 4 with Alexa Echo Speakers
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 4 Power Bank Portable Speaker
- JBL Charge 4 Reset Button, Where to Find It
- Finding JBL Charge 4 Firmware Version
- JBL Charge 4 Charging Time, How Long to Full Charge
- How to Restart JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge 4 Hard Reset Instructions
- Charge 4 JBL Firmware Update Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 4 BT Speaker
- JBL Charge 4 Charger Adapter Specs
- JBL Charge 4 Change Name, How to Rename Speaker
- Charge 4 JBL Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
References for How to Pair JBL Charge 4
- 2020-08-07: First published.