This post demonstrates how to pair a JBL speaker to iPhone and iPhone like smart devices like tablets, Android phones, and computers.
How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
We’ll run this illustration with a JBL Flip 4 speaker. But other JBL Bluetooth speakers work roughly the same way. So, with your speaker powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPhone as follows. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo since we do not have an iPhone to get screenshots from. But again, the setup pages are about the same. So, the routine is virtually the same.
1. Bring Up the Home Screen on your iPhone
Press the Home button to reveal the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since speaker is currently turned OFF, it does not show up in the devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this BT speaker with this iOS device before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Speaker
You turn on most JBL speakers by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green for our example, in the next picture.
The speaker then boots up.
But since the iPhone would not know about this speaker, the connecting will not happen automatically. The light that comes on in the power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth discovery mode (a.k.a. Pairing Mode). To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the JBL speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, on our Flip 4 speaker, the Power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Flip 4 on your Phone to Continue with How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the purple arrow.
8. Next, Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list.
Your iPhone then pairs with the speaker (“Tom’s Flip 4” in this example). The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone !
You have now successfully paired your JBL wireless speaker with an iPhone. You can now play music through the speaker. And on some models including the Flip 4, you can also make calls on your phone, and hear them all through this speaker.
Related Posts to How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
- How to Pair UE Speaker with iPhone
- How to Pair JBL Flip 2 with iOS iPad iPhone iPod
- Pairing JBL Go 2 with iPhone
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker with iPhone
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
Other Posts About the Typical JBL Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Speaker to Alexa
- JBL Speaker Button Functions, Meanings
- How to Charge JBL Speaker Quickly
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Reset JBL Speaker, Bluetooth Reset
References for How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
- 2021-09-04: Updated the internal links list.
- 2020-12-04: First published.