This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB43 Extra Bass Bluetooth speaker with typical wireless devices. E.g. These include the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB43
With your SRS XB43 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet computer for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB43
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our Sony SRS XB43 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not appear in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never linked this speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRX XB43 Speaker
Additionally, turn on the XB43 by quickly pressing and releasing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as we see in the next picture.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB43 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the XB43 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. To do that, press the Pairing button, and release after a quarter second.
Find the Pairing button as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
Then the speaker emits a rise-fall beep. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing in a pulse-pulse-pause-pulse-pulse-pause pattern.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB43
See the screen shot next. We found our XB43, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS XB43.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB43 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB43 !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB43 BT speaker with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to How to Pair the Sony SRS XB43
- How to Pair Sony Speaker to iPhone
- Pairing Directions for the Sony SRS XB13 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 Mini Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker with Alexa Devices
- How to Pair Alexa with Bluetooth Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Bookshelf Speaker
- How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB43 Bookshelf Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on the SRS XB43
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- The Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Lamp
- 2021-09-20: First published.