This piece explains how to pair two Wonderbooms together so that they both play the same audio content from a paired source Bluetooth device. In this example, we use one Wonderboom 1, and one Wonderboom 2 speaker to show how pairing two wonderbooms together works. You can indeed pair two Wonderboom 1’s, two Wonderboom 2’s, or, as we’re doing here, you can join a Wonderboom 1 with a Wonderboom 2 speaker.
How to Pair Two Wonderbooms Together
1. Power Up Both Wonderbooms
We show the Power buttons on each of our Wonderbooms in the next pictures.
Press and release the Power button on the first one, and await the power-ON sound.
Then, press and release the Power button on the second Wonderboom, and again, wait for it to come on.
2. Pair the First Wonderboom with a Phone or Other Bluetooth Device
In this demo, we’ll first pair the Wonderboom 1 speaker with our iPad Air tablet. If you’re not sure how to join your Wonderboom to a Bluetooth source device, then see our How to Pair 1 Wonderboom Speaker post for details.
3. Press and Release the Play / Pause Button on the First Speaker to Continue with How to Pair Two Wonderbooms
Next, press and hold the middle (Play / Pause) area of the Wonderboom you just paired with your BT source device until the speaker makes a pairing noise and the pairing lamp begins rapid flashing. Here, our first speaker is the original Wonderboom (the first version of this series), and in the next picture, we show where to press. E.g. In the area enclosed by the green rectangle.
4. Press the Play / Pause Button on the Second Wonderboom
Next, press and release the middle area of the second Wonderboom. In our case, this is the second version of the Wonderboom (Wonderboom 2), and in the next picture, we show where to press on this speaker, with the yellow arrow.
The speaker then makes a pairing sound and the pairing light just above the center button in the last picture, blinks briefly. Then, once this speaker connects with the first Wonderboom, the pairing lamp starts glowing steadily.
5. Done with How to Pair Two Wonderbooms Together !
Your two Wonderbooms are now paired together. Thus, when you play audio on your Bluetooth source device, you’ll now hear it through both Wonderbooms at the same time.
Note that each Wonderboom provides stereo sound, and this holds true even when you have two of them joined to each other. I.e. Each speaker provides stereo whether or not it’s paired to another Wonderboom. Thus it’s not the case that the first Wonderboom plays the left channel and the second plays the right. In fact, both Wonderbooms play both channels, in stereo.
Breaking the Two Wonderbooms Pairing
To break the connection between the two Wonderbooms, simply power down the second one. After that, the first one (the one that you connected with your Bluetooth device) continues playing.
Now powering down the first one will also break the connection between it and the second speaker, and the second speaker will stop playing. But this also breaks the pairing with the source BT device. So powering OFF the first speaker stops BOTH speakers, although the second one will still be powered UP until you turn it off.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker
- Wonderboom Battery Indicator, Charging Light
- How to Connect Wonderboom to Alexa Echo Speakers
- Wonderboom Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- How to Put Wonderboom Speaker into Pairing Mode
- How to Check Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- Wonderboom Speaker Charger, Which One to Use
- How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Connect a Wonderboom Speaker to an iPhone
References for How to Pair Two Wonderbooms Together
- Wonderboom 1 Speaker Official Product Page at UltimateEars.com
- Wonderboom 2 Speaker Official Product Page at UltimateEars.com
Revision History for How to Pair Two Wonderbooms
- 2020-09-15: First published.