You may wish know how to reboot your Microsoft Invoke smart speaker if it shows poor performance, stops answering Cortana requests, emits strange noises, breaks up, chirps or squeaks, or suffers other weirdness. Always try a device reboot first (described here). This often clears up many problems, and avoids the unnecessary action of hard resetting your speaker. Here, we show how to safely reboot your Microsoft Invoke Cortana speaker.
How to Reboot Microsoft Invoke Speaker
Neither the speaker itself, nor the Cortana app that controls it, has a specific button or link for restarting this device. Therefore, the easiest way to reboot this smart speaker is to unplug it from power, wait a short time, and then reconnect it. Do this as follows.
1. First, Simply Disconnect Invoke from AC Power
Just unplug its AC wall adapter as shown next.
2. Then Wait Ten Seconds
3. Finally, Plug Invoke Back Into AC Power
The speaker then cold-boots, clearing out any errant program entries and behaviors in its memory.
Restarting the speaker in this way usually returns the unit to correct operation. Further, we suspect that as subsequent firmware updates to the speaker come out, any need for regular reboots will fade.
Related Posts to How to Reboot Microsoft Invoke
- How to Reboot the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Demo of Unboxing the Microsoft Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker as a Bluetooth Speaker
- Where is Reset Button on Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- How to Reboot the Google Chromecast Audio Receiver Device
- How to Reset Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Reset
References for How to Reboot Microsoft Invoke
- 2019-05-01: Added key phrase focusing. Deleted ad code. Added tags.
- 2017-11-22: Originally published.