This article gives Sony SRS X11 speaker charging instructions. Recharge this speaker easily through the micro USB DC power input port, on the back of the unit, shown in the pictures below. Note that you can still play your X11 while juicing it up, without increasing the replenish time too much, especially if you are using a higher-current USB charger.
Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions Summary
First, Sony includes a suitable USB-A to micro USB charger cord with the speaker. But you must provide a strong enough AC or car supply with a USB-A female connector, to plug that lead into. This particular speaker requires about 7.5 watts (5 volts at 1500 milliamps) for the shortest charge time of three (4) hours. Note that using a charger that offers more current than this will not appreciably cut the charging time.
Moving on then, once you choose the charger you will use, plug it into a “live” AC outlet.
Then after four hours, the X11 finishes charging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to twelve (12) hours before needing another charge.
Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
1. Choose an Adequate Size AC or Car Adapter
As mentioned above, the power adapter you use should provide 5 volts and at least 1.5 amps (7.5 watts). So here, we use the Key Power model HDD15-3-PD USB power delivery system along with a thick-enough micro USB supply cable. Note that you may also charge the X11 from a PC USB port. To make sure that will work though, check your PC specifications to be sure that its ports offer enough power to fully charge the speaker.
2. Find the Micro USB Charge Port on the X11
Find the DC input port for charging on the back of the unit, just to the right of the AUDIO IN port, as we see in the next picture.
3. Power OFF the Speaker to Continue with Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions
Note that the SRSX11 still charges when powered ON. But depending on how much extra charging juice your power supply delivers, the speaker might recharge faster when it’s not playing. It will definitely charge more rapidly when you’re not listening it at louder volumes.
4. Plug the Micro USB Cord into the X11
Then, plug the matching end of your charging cable into the DC input micro USB port on the speaker, as we see in the next photo.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
If the supply you use has a removable wire, then be sure to connect the matching end of the USB power cable to the AC or car adapter you have.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Working Wall Receptacle to Continue with Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions
Now that we connected the X11 and our adapter, we then plug the mains end of the supply box into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We connected ours to a GE surge protecting power strip.
The CHARGE lamp on the speaker then lights up solid orange, as we see next.
7. Let the X11 Continue Charging Until the CHARGE Light Goes Dark
Full battery recharging finishes when the CHARGE lamp turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the Micro USB Charging Cable from the Speaker
9. Done with Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions !
We have now fully charged our X11 speaker.
Finally, repeat this charging every (up to) twelve hours of play, to keep the battery in top condition for at least a few years to come.
Other Posts About the SRS X11 Sony Bluetooth Cube Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Battery Indicator Charge Light Explained
- Hard Reset Instructions for the Sony SRS X11 Wireless Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
- Sony SRS X11 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS X11 is Charging
Related Posts to Sony SRS X11 Charging Instructions
- Sony SRS XB01 Charging Instructions
- Instructions for Charging the Sony SRS XB20 Wireless Speaker
- Sony SRS XB21 Charging Instructions
- Sony SRS XB22 Speaker Charging Instructions
- SRS XB23 Sony BT Speaker Charging Instructions
- 2021-10-22: First published.