This piece covers how to clear settings on Honeywell thermostat. Here, we cover how to do it on a Honeywell RTH9580WF model. But other models with a screen work similarly At any rate, you clear thermostat settings by resetting it, which also clears lock screen passwords and screen color customizations et al. Clearing settings restores this Honeywell RTH9580WF thermostat to factory default condition. You clear settings by following the directions next. We recommend this action when fixing thermostat issues as well. Why? Because wiping settings rules out the probability that wrong settings are making the RTH9580WF act weird. The problem often disappears after a settings reset.
Remember howeverthat after reset, the RTH9580WF forgets any user added settings. So you’ll have to enter your WiFi and furnace parameters again. Also, the RTH9580WF clears all custom program schedules. Thus, settings clearing returns the RTH9580WF to the default daily heating and cooling schedules. So again, program these in again to fit your specific needs, if any.
How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat, Before you Start
Before clearing out the thermostat, get the RTH9580WF booklet. The RTH9580WF original package includes this pamphlet. But if you’ve lost yours, find it online at Honeywell’s web site.
Write down the program in the RTH9580WF if you’ve changed it from the default program.
Then, run through the menus. Record any settings that you’ve changed for your heating / cooling systems. These include filter-change reminders, fan mode, WiFi network data, system type, thermostat name, location, et al.
How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat, the Procedure
1. Visit the Thermostat’s the Main Menu
Tap the Menu button on the touch screen, as shown above at the top right side of the Home page. Then, scroll down by pressing the Down arrow key. Then, stop at the Preferences button, as shown next.
2. Tap the Preferences Button
Touching the Preferences button brings up the Preferences page. When you see it, scroll with the down-arrow key. Then stop at the Restore Factory Defaults button as circled in red in the next picture.
3. Then, Tap the Restore Factory Defaults Button to Continue with How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat
Touch the Restore Factory Defaults item. The RTH9580WF them prompts you to say that you indeed want to reset, and in the process, clear out the thermostat’s settings, as shown next.
4. Next, Tap the Green Yes Button
WARNING: Touching the Yes button clears all user settings and info in the thermostat. So DO NOT do this until you’ve recorded this data somewhere. Don’t procede until you’re sure that you can set up the thermostat with your furnace / HVAC system details again. Get help from a climate control worker if unsure.
Now if you clearly wish to clear all settings, tap the green Yes button. Or, press the red No button.
Then, pressing Yes starts the RTH9580WF clearing its settings. The display shows the Restoring Factory Default Settings screen for some seconds, as shown next.
5. Next, the RTH9580WF Restores its Settings to Factory Default Values, Clearing the Old Settings
6. Next, the RTH9580WF Reboots Once Settings Clearing Completes as it Continues with How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat
After boot-up, the RTH9580WF gets ready for new settings input. While it works, it shows the Please Wait screen as follows.
7. Then, the Honeywell Thermostat Goes into Setup Mode
Finally, the RTH9580WF asks for some starting data. Why? Because it needs this to work after reset, as shown next.
Follow the prompts to enter that data about your WiFi network and furnace system.
8. Done with How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat !
You have now cleared the settings on your Honeywell thermostat, and restored them to their factory default values.
Related Posts to How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat
- How to Clear Google Assistant History, Voice Recordings
- Restarting a Honeywell Thermostat Instructions
- How to Turn Off Hold on Honeywell Thermostat
- Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat RTH7600D Review
- How to Clear Schedule on Honeywell Thermostat
- Honeywell Smart WiFi Thermostat Manual RTH9580WF
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player to Factory Default Settings
- Honeywell Thermostat Models Review
- Set Temperature Range Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF
- How to Change Honeywell Thermostat Temperature Setting
- Honeywell Thermostat Wiring Color Code
- How to Restart Honeywell Thermostat
- 7 Day Programmable Thermostat Reviews
- Google Home Mini Reset to Factory Default Settings
- Solving Honeywell Thermostat Connection Problems
- How to Reconnect Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi
- Honeywell Thermostat Waiting for Equipment Message, How to Clear on the RTH9580WF Smart Thermostat
- How to Reset Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 to Factory Settings
- Unregister Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF Instructions
- Honeywell Smart Thermostat Wiring Instructions RTH9580WF
- Setting Temperature Differential, Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Honeywell Dial Thermostat Pictures
References for How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat
- 2019-05-18: Tweaked the targeting for ‘How to Clear Settings on Honeywell Thermostat’, added more related post links, and added tags.
- 2019-02-15: Originally published.