This post demonstrates How to connect JBL speaker to iPhone.
How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone
We’ll run this illustration with a JBL Flip 4. So, with your JBL speaker powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to connect it to your iPhone. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo since we do not have an iPhone to get screenshots from. But the setup pages are about the same. So, the routine is virtually the same.
1. Bring Up the Home Screen on your iPhone
Press the Home button to reveal the iPhone’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since speaker is currently turned OFF, it does not show up in the devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iOS device before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Speaker
You turn on most JBL speakers by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green for our example, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since the iPhone would not know about this speaker, the connecting will not happen automatically. The light that comes on in the power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL speaker on your iPhone, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode (a.k.a. Pairing Mode). To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the Power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Flip 4 on your Phone to Continue with How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the purple arrow.
8. Next, Connect with your JBL Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list.
Your iPhone then pairs with the speaker (“Tom’s Flip 4” in this example). The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone !
You have now successfully paired your JBL wireless speaker with an iPhone. You can now play music through the speaker. And on some models including the Flip 4, you can also make calls on your phone, and hear them all through this speaker.
Related Posts to How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone
- How to Connect Echo Dot to WiFi
- How to Connect Sharp Aquos TV to WiFi
- Connect Pandora to Echo Dot, How To
- How to Connect Amazon Dot to Spotify
- Connect Google Home Mini to Bluetooth Speakers, How To
- Connect JBL Speaker to Echo Dot, How To
- How to Connect Pandora to Alexa
- Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Google Home, How To
- Connect Echo Dot to Internet, How To
- Can you Connect Echo Dot to JBL Speaker ?
- How to Connect Alexa to WiFi, Different Network
- Connect WiFi on Denon S 32 Internet Radio, How To
- How to Connect Gosund Mini Smart Plug to Alexa
- Connect Google Chromecast Audio, How To
- Solving Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Connection Problems
- Connect Alexa to New WiFi, How To
- How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- How to Connect Amazon Echo to Bluetooth Speaker
Other Posts About the Typical JBL Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Speaker to Alexa
- JBL Speaker Button Functions, Meanings
- How to Charge JBL Speaker Quickly
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Reset JBL Speaker, Bluetooth Reset
References for How to Connect JBL Speaker to iPhone
- 2020-08-03: First published.