How to tell if JBL Flip 5 is charging? Well, this Bluetooth speaker features a bar of lights on its top panel, as shown in the pictures that follow. This reports battery status. In short, look at this battery level meter to check Flip 5 charging progress.
How to Tell if JBL Flip 5 is Charging
1. Connect your Flip 5 to AC Power to Start Charging
See our How to Charge JBL Flip 5 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker piece for more details on proper AC adapter selection and how to connect the USB-C charge cable.
2. Look at the Battery Status Gauge
There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture. You can tell if the JBL Flip 5 is charging if you see at least some of this bar blinking white. When the battery is completely dead, the light on the far right flashes white while charging. Then as charging progresses, that part stops flashing, and assumes a steady glow. At that point, the next portion of the bar, to the left, begins blinking.
Note though that you may see the bar flash red. This does not mean that charging is proceeding. Instead, this means that the speaker battery is critically low and should be recharged straight away. It only blinks red when the battery is nearly dead and AC power has not yet been applied. But when you supply adequate USB power, this red flashing light begins blinking white. This light never flashes red while correct charging is happening.
3. When The Whole Gauge Lights Solid, Charging is Nearly Finished
As speaker charging continues, more and more of the battery gauge bar lights up solid, and the flashing moves further to the left, until the lighted area fills the entire meter bar.
Battery charging is almost done when all but the last part of the gauge lights glow solid. The last segment continues to blink for several minutes more.
This next picture shows the speaker just before completing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when the entire battery gauge goes dark, as shown next. So, the battery is no longer charging when the gauge goes out. Even with the AC charger still attached, the gauge is all the way OFF when the battery is full.
Related Posts to How to Tell if JBL Flip 5 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Go 2 Is Charging
- Telling if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
- Telling if JBL Clip 3 is Fully Charged
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charging Recharging Instructions
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- 2020-08-26: First published.