This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB43 Extra Bass Bluetooth speaker with an iPhone smart phone.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 to iPhone, Step by Step
With your SRS XB43 switched OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your iPhone mobile device. For this demo, we use an iPhone 12 Pro Max Apple device.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press and release the side button (right edge of the phone) and enter your passcode or Face Id to bring up the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth option to Continue with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB433 to an iPhone
Tap the Bluetooth item on the Settings page.
Then you get the Bluetooth Settings screen, as we show next.
Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since our XB43 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPhone before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRS XB43
Turn on the XB43 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as seen in the next picture.
Also, the Bluetooth lamp will blink in some pattern to indicate that the XB43 is ready to receive a Bluetooth pairing request, as we see in the next picture.
If it blinks evenly, then it’s passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in.
But if it flashes in a pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause pattern , then it’s broadcasting its pairing information over Bluetooth so other devices can find it. I.e. The speaker is in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB43 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode already. To do that, press the Bluetooth button, and release when the unit speaks that it’s in pairing mode, and the Bluetooth lamp begins its pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause flashing pattern, as we see in the last picture.
7. Find the Speaker on your Phone to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our SRS XB43, as we point out with the green arrow.
8. Pair with your XB43
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices list.
The iPhone then pairs with the SRS XB43.
I.e. The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-paired Sony SRS XB43 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully paired our XB43 bookshelf BT speaker with a popular iPhone.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 BT Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Low Frequency Mode for Extra Bass !
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- Resetting the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB43
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
Related Posts to How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 to an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony Speaker to iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 to iPhone
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker with an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB13 with iPhone
- How to Pair JBL Speaker to iPhone
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 to an iPhone
- 2021-09-20: First published.