You can charge JBL Clip 2 wireless Bluetooth speakers conveniently via the hidden USB charge port. Here, we go through the JBL Clip 2 charging instructions for these beach-ready Bluetooth speakers.
In short: First, select an powerful enough USB charging adapter. Why this? Because JBL does not include this with the Clip 2 as a standard accessory.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cable between the Clip 2 and that adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet. Finally after a few hours, your JBL Clip 3 speaker fully charges, and you’ll be able to play it again for up to ten hours before needing to charge it again.
JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions
1. Choose Right Size Power Adapter
In this demo, we’re using the RavPower 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next. The JBL Clip 2 needs 5 volts at approximately 0.6 amps to charge fully in a reasonable amount of time. So this RavPower USB adapter is indeed beefy enough to recharge the Clip2 with lots of time to spare.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Clip 2
Use a penny or a dime to work open the waterproof seal port cover on the Clip Twi. This reveals the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Power Off your Speaker
Note that the JBL Clip 2 will still charge when turned on and playing. But depending on your charger, it may charge slightly faster when powered down.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Clip 2 JBL Speaker
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port in the Clip2 , as shown next.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into your USB Power Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as mentioned earlier, we’re using a RavPower 24 Watt USB power adapter and the orange USB charge cable that came with our Clip 2.
6. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Live Wall Outlet
Now that we connected the Clip 2 and our RavPower USB adapter, we plug the RavPower into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we plugged ours into a wall outlet in our kitchen.
The status lamp lights up solid red on the JBL Clip 2 when you supply enough USB power. While no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, te red lamp means that charging is in progress. Then it goes out when charging completes.
7. Let the Clip 2 Charge Until the Red Light Goes Off
Battery charging is complete when the solid red status lamp goes dark.
8. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Clip 2
9. Fully Close the Waterproof Port Door
Note that unless you snap this Clip 2 flap securely and completely in place, water could enter the port area. This might damage the Clip 2 electronics inside. So, be sure to press the port door closed with firm enough force to properly seat it, for full water resistance.
We have now fully charged our JBL Clip 2 wireless Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this process every seven to nine hours of play time, to keep its battery in top working order for years to come.
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Button Location on this JBL Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Speakers
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions, How to Reset Speaker
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- Flip 2 JBL Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
- 2019-03-18: Fixed some typos.
- 2019-01-11: First published.