We’ve written many posts that offer Echo Dot quick fixes. These solve often seen problems on your Amazon Alexa Dot smart speakers. So we list some of these fixes here. Plus, these posts teach Alexa basics. They show how the speakers connect with the rest of your network, to form a complete smart home system.
Echo Dot Quick Fixes
Problems you are likely to see in Echo Dot speakers are as follows. How to safely unbox the speaker. Tips on setting it up. How to reboot and reset it. How to connect it to a new WiFi network. Setting up and using Spotify and Pandora. Playing Spotify playlists.
Unboxing and First Setup
- Unpacking and Connecting Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Gen Smart Speaker Shows how to unbox and set up a 2nd gen Alexa Dot speaker.
- Amazon Alexa Gen 2 Echo Dot Smart Speaker Setup Help Instructions
Solving WiFi Problems
- Reconnect Echo Dot to New WiFi Network, How To Instructions If your Echo Dot loses WiFi connectivity, this Echo Dot quick fix can get you back into business.
- Changing WiFi Network on Amazon Echo Dot Gen 2 Smart Speaker Details how to connect the Echo Dot to a new WiFi network.
- What Is Amazon XXX in Echo Speakers Describes what this special WiFi network is, when you see it, and how to use it to set up your Echo Dot.
How to Factory Hard Reset the Alexa Dot Units
- Echo Dot Reset Button Location on Gen 1, 2, and 3 Dots. Resetting Echo Dot speakers often fixes many Alexa ills.
- Reset Echo Dot 2nd Generation to Factory Settings Fixes common Echo Dot 2 troubles.
- Factory Reset Echo Dot 3rd Generation Instructions, How To lists instructions on how to restore the Echo Dot 3 back to factory default state and settings.
- Alexa Factory Reset Echo Dot Instructions General hard reset tips for the Echo Dot line of smart speakers.
- Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation, Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset Shows how to hard reset the Echo Dot 1 speaker.
- Echo Dot Gen 2 Smart Speaker Factory Reset Tips Shows how to hard reset the generation two Echo Dot.
- Amazon Gen 2 Dot Bluetooth Speaker Reset Instructions
Connecting Echo Dot to Bluetooth Speakers
- Connect Echo Dot to Bluetooth Speaker, How To Helps fix common Bluetooth problems when pairing your Echo Dot with Bluetooth speakers.
Connecting Echo Dot AS a Bluetooth Speaker
Installing Firmware Updates
- Amazon Echo Force Firmware Update Instructions, How To Help Details how to trigger a firmware download and update on your Dot speaker.
Reboot and Restart the Echo Dot
- Reboot Amazon Echo Gen 2 Dot Instructions Gives a routine for safely rebooting the Dot Echo Generation 2 speaker.
- Restart Echo Dot Instructions, How to Restart Echo Dots Gives a routine for safely rebooting all Echo Dots, like the gens 1, 2, and 3.
Echo Dot Power Adapter Replacement Details
How to Connect Echo Dot to Music Services
- Connect Spotify to Alexa Smart Speakers, How To Link Shows how to link you Spotify Premium account to Alexa Echo Dot speakers.
- Alexa Spotify Commands for Echo Smart Speakers Gives common voice commands to use to play your Spotify content.
- How to Unlink Spotify from Alexa, 2017 Version Details how to disconnect your Spotify Premium account from Echo Dot.
- Alexa Echo Dot Spotify Instructions, Setup, Play Describes how to get Spotify going the Echo Dot.
- How to Get Alexa to Play Spotify Playlists Shows you how to play any playlists you created on Spotify, on the Echo Dot.
- How to Link Pandora to Echo Dot Speaker Shows how to link your Pandora account to Dots.
- Find Pandora on Alexa App Instructions Shows where to in the Alexa app to find Pandora settings and account details.
- Pandora Setup Instructions on Amazon Echo Alexa SpeakersExplains how to set up Pandora on your Dot.
Misc Posts for Echo Dot Quick Fixes
- Change Echo Dot Wake Word, How To
- Unpacking Echo Dot 2nd Gen Speaker
- Noisy Window AC Fixes
- CBS Streaming Video Fails to Play in Internet Explorer, How to Fix
References for Echo Dot Quick Fixes
- Your Echo Device Doesn’t Connect to Wi-Fi
- Troubleshoot Smart Home Device Discovery Issues, on Amazon.com
- Reset Your Echo Device
Revision History for this Echo Dot Quick Fixes Post
- 2019-04-23: Added tags and subheadings. Added more content.
- 2019-01-02: First published.